To the Editor:
I have been asked several times recently about how people can get involved in Saving the Ritz Theatre. The need to get digital projection equipment is now as 35mm film is almost at its end. Most people seem to know of the need, but don’t know how to participate. So I wanted to respectfully offer these opportunities:
1. Come to The Ritz often to see movies.
2. Come hungry. The Ritz makes the majority of its money off of concessions.
3. By an ‘I Helped Save The Ritz’ T-shirt for $10 at the theatre. It is in black or white and all sizes are available.
4. Sponsor a seat. We have about 300 seats available for $250 each. Your name goes on the seat, plus a sponsor receives a year’s supply of movie passes.
5. Become a major sponsor of a show or event and receive months of free on-screen advertising.
6. Donate any amount into the “Save The Ritz” jar at The Ritz or into our special account at South Crest Bank, under Digital Challenge or UC3.
7. Come up with your own idea for a great fundraising event that you can organize.
Donations may also be made through the Upson County Concerned Citizens Inc. (UC3) 501c3 organization, which can issue tax receipts. The UC3 address is UC3, Box 335, Thomaston, GA 30286. The committee meets most Thursdays at The Ritz Café at 4 p.m. and you are welcome to attend. Call 706-647-5372 any evening or contact UC3 at UC3inc@yahoo.com for more information.
Thank you in advance for helping keep The Ritz open.
Malcolm & Amy Neal
The Ritz Theatre