Registration for children entering kindergarten in the Thomaston-Upson County School System for the 2013-2014 school year is being held this month. Children who will be five years of age on or before September 1, 2013, qualify for next year’s kindergarten program.
ULSE will distribute kindergarten registration packets and conduct kindergarten registration academic screenings during the week of March 19-22, at the following day care/Pre-K centers: AJ’s Mini School; Childcare Network; First United Methodist; Headstart; Lu’s Learning Center; Noah’s Ark; Small World; Tender Tech; Upson-Lee Pre-K.
Registration will be held March 25 and March 26 at Upson-Lee South Elementary, between the hours of 8:30 AM and 2:00 PM, for children who are new to Upson County or who do not attend one of the above mentioned day care/Pre-K centers. Parents must contact the school at 706-647-7516 to schedule an appointment. Parents should bring their child to the school at the scheduled time to be screened, and parents will complete kindergarten registration packets at that time.
The following documents are required for registration:
· Child’s certified birth certificate (Child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2013.)
· Child’s Social Security Card
· Immunization certificate on proper GA form #3231 (obtained from your child’s doctor or the Upson Co. Health Dept.)
· Hearing, Vision, and Dental Screening Certificate # 3300 (obtained from your child’s doctor or the Upson Co. Health Dept.)
· Proof of Upson County residency and your photo ID (Acceptable proof of residency includes a rental/lease agreement, mortgage document or current real property assessment