In regards to the June 11 incident in which Thomaston Police Investigator Philip Tobin tasered Kelcey Rockemore, and the community outrage at the incident, the Thomaston Police Department issued the following press release on Wednesday, June 25, 2014:
Due to recent circumstances and concerns from the public concerning the Thomaston Police Department, Chief Dan Greathouse has taken the following actions:
• Thomaston Police Officer Investigator Philip Tobin has been placed on Administrative Leave with Pay throughout the duration of investigations being conducted by the Georgia Bureau of Investigations.
• Chief Greathouse has ordered an internal review of all Personnel Complaint cases issued against Thomaston Police Officer Philip Tobin. The public is welcome to contact the following Command Staff if they feel their cases or issues concerning their cases have not been addressed. Listed below are their contact numbers and or email addresses.
Captain Sidney Corley, 706-647-5455 or email email@example.com
Lt. Andrew Pippin, 706-647-5455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lt. Paul Walker, 706-647-5455 or email email@example.com
• On June 18, 2014, Chief Greathouse ordered an internal review to examine all cases within the past three years for evidence of “racial profiling” by each officer employed by the Police Department.
• The Chief and Command Staff will review all Personnel Complaints, Open Records Requests, and any accusations on a monthly basis.
• The Thomaston Police Department will review the Thomaston Police Personnel Complaint process to insure citizens that the Police Department will maintain the highest standard of integrity by striving never to violate the community’s trust.
• All findings will be turned over to the Thomaston City Manager for review and further actions.