Qualifying for the General Primary/Non Partisan Election to be held May 20, begins Monday, March 3, 2014, at 9 a.m., and will end at noon on Friday, March 7, 2014. Qualifying will be held in the Drake Building in the office of the Elections/Registrar, located at 305 S. Hightower Street, Room 130.
The following are local offices that are up for election in 2014:
• County Commissioner, District 3 – Currently held by Ralph Ellington.
• County Commissioner, District 4 – Currently held by Frank Spraggins.
• School Board District 2 – Currently held by Jacqueline Hollis
• School Board District 4 – Currently held by Keith Rohling
• School Board District 6 – Currently held by Steve Sadler
Qualifying fee for County Commissioner is $272. Qualifying fee for School Board is $36.