The 64th annual Empty Stocking Fund is continuing in Upson County as Thomaston Ford joins forces with The Thomaston Times and other businesses to provide food, clothing and gifts to families with children at Christmastime. The Empty Stocking fund was started in 1949 by the late Herbert Morgan, pastor of East Thomaston Baptist Church. In the left photo are Thomaston Fire Department Chief C.W. “Bushy” McDaniel, Rev. Herbert Morgan, Mayor H.A. Barron and Police Chief Jo Abe Boyt on the day the charter was signed to form the Upson County Charity Fund (now known as the Empty Stocking Fund) in 1949. In the right photo, Thomaston Ford is partnering for the ninth year with several local businesses and organizations to collect donations for the 2013 Empty Stocking Fund. Pictured is Kevin Pierce and Chip Richardson of Thomaston Ford with some of the donations already collected.